“Africa’s Official Ministerial Summit” confirms an impressive attendance from Africa to the 2016 Summit to be held in Nairobi
“With still 11 weeks to go, Innovation Africa has so far confirmed 17 African ministers and their delegations for the summit” Confirmed John Glassey, Managing Director, AfricanBrains.
The Innovation Africa Summit 2016; Africa’s leading annual Education and ICT forum is proud to announce that they have to date received confirmations from 17 dignitaries from Africa, attending the event alongside their Kenyan counterparts. The event is being held for the first time in Nairobi, Kenya and is set to take place from 20th to 22nd September 2016 at the Safari Park Hotel.
The summit is being held in the country under the official patronage of the Kenyan Ministry of Education, Science & Technology and hosted by Cabinet Secretary Hon Fred Matiang’i.
The list of 17 dignitaries confirmed so far include as per below:
• HE Maria Augusta da Silva Martins – Angola State Secretary for Innovation in Higher Education
• Hon DrJanvièreNdirahisha – Burundi Minister of Education, Higher Education & Scientific Research
• Hon ZachariePerevet – Cameroon Minister of Employment & Vocational Training,
• Hon Bruno NabagneKone – Cote d’Ivoire Minister of Post and ICT
• HE Cesar Augusto MbaAbogo – Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State, Ministry for Program Monitoring of Equatorial Guinea Horizon 2020
• HE RufinoOvonoOndo – Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State, Ministry of Technology and Telecommunications
• HE ShiferawShigute – Ethiopia Minister of Education
• Hon AboubacarSenghore – Gambia Minister of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology
• Hon KhotsoLetsatsi – Lesotho Minister of Communications, Science & Technology
• Hon DrMahaliPhamotse – Lesotho Minister of Education & Training
• Hon George Werner – Liberia Minister of Education
• Hon Prof Anthony Anwukah – Nigeria Minister of State Federal Ministry of Education
• Hon Mary TeuwNiane – Senegal Minister of Higher Education & Research
• Hon Michael MakueiLueth – South Sudan Minister of ICT
• Hon John Phiri – Zambia Minister of General Education
• Hon Prof Jonathan Moyo – Zimbabwe Minister of Higher & Tertiary Education, Science & Technology Development
• Hon Paul Mavima – Zimbabwe Deputy Minister of Primary & Secondary Education
The summit has gained the support and endorsement of officials from over 35 African countries and these numbers are primed to improve this year. The summit has become known for its varied pre-scheduled meetings and round tables each previously represented by an African Government ministry or leading educational institutions. Additionally the high-level summit brings together government, business and civil society thus fulfilling the need and opportunity for greater public private partnership in education, science and research across Africa, the Middle East and beyond.
For more information on Innovation Africa 2016 please visit:
To register your interest in attending either as a delegate or as a sponsor please visit:
To view video highlights from previous summits please visit:
Peggy Mwai- MMP Communications and Outreach PR
Tel: +254 711 408 563